Prerequisites for Employment
Frankston City Council is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please Note: All candidates applying for a position at Frankston City Council will need to provide proof that they are eligible to work in Australia.
To be eligible to work in Australia you must provide the following documentation before commencement:
- An Australian Citizen: a birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current passport is proof of eligibility.
- A permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport, you are allowed to stay and work in Australia without restriction.
- A Non-citizen with a valid visa that provides work rights: a current passport containing the visa is proof of eligibility. As the visa has an expiry date, non-citizens can only engage in casual, temporary or fixed term roles that do not extend beyond the expiry date. Visitors on a Working Holiday visa are permitted to work in temporary or casual roles, but for no longer than six months with any one employer.
The following documents are not proof of eligibility to work in Australia:
- Tax File Number
- Driver's licence
- Medicare Card
- Bank Account
- Referrals from employment agencies
- References from previous employers
In line with current Victorian Chief Health Officer (CHO) directions, Frankston City Council has specific obligations in relation to the vaccination of our employees. All Council employees are required to be fully Covid-19 vaccinated in line with CHO directions. Candidates are expected to comply with these requirements as part of the recruitment and selection process.