Frankston City Council is closely monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation. We understand the situation may be causing concern for some people. The Department of Health and Human Services advises that the best prevention is to practice good hygiene including:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw your tissue in to a plastic-lined rubbish bin after use.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow. Do not use your hands.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water including after you cough or sneeze, before preparing or eating food and after going to the toilet.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth as germs spread this way.
If you have travelled to any of the at risk countries (China, Italy, South Korea, Cambodia, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand) in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has the coronavirus disease and you begin to feel unwell, and develop a fever or shortness of breath, a cough or respiratory illness, call the call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398.
The Department of Health and Human Services also advises that everyone should think about how they will manage for the possibility of transmission of the infection in Victoria in the coming weeks or months. Make a plan on how you and your family (including pets) will manage if you needed to stay at home for 2 to 3 weeks.
For more information visit the DHHS website.
If you need assistance or are having trouble with the website, please Contact Us.