Pets and animals during emergencies
Have a well prepared plan for your pets and animals.
- It is important to ensure your own safety before the safety of your pets and livestock.
- Move livestock to large, well-grazed paddocks.
- Relocate pets to a safe place as early as possible.
- Bring food, water, bedding and woollen blankets, a pet first-aid kit, collar and lead and any medications if you must evacuate your property.
- Keep your pets immunisation records.
- If you choose to keep your pets at home, keep them inside a secure room, on a lead or in a carrier.
- Given them plenty of drinking water and keep them on a lead or in a carrier.
- Do not look for pets during a fire. You must seek shelter because radiant heat can kill.
- Visit the Department of Primary Industry website for more information on livestock.
If you need assistance or are having trouble with the website, please Contact Us.