Report an Issue
Community members can report a range of issues directly to Council by selecting one of the Customer Request Forms below or by using the MyFrankston App from their smart phone, devices and computer.
Select the MyFrankston App link and save MyFrankston to the home screen or desktop of your device for future use.
Users can pay their rates, pet registration renewals, infringements and permits, or report incidents like dumped rubbish, graffiti, stray shopping trolleys, illegal parking, road or footpath repairs and limited footpath access due to overhanging branches.
Submit a Customer Request Form Online
- Bins (lost or stolen)
- Council Buildings (community halls, sports pavilions etc)
- Drainage Issues
- Footpath Issues
- General Enquiry (Food, parking, animal noise, rubbish)
- Park and Reserve Issues (including mowing, vandalism, playgrounds)
- Parking Infringement Review
- Road Issues (including potholes, street sweeping, grading)
- Tree Issues (including overhanging branches, fallen trees, Council tree maintenance)
Report graffiti by completing the Graffiti Online Form or by contacting the Graffiti Hotline.
The hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are aware of the identity of a graffiti offender, report them to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
If you witness graffiti occurring, call 000. Do not confront the graffiti offender.
Hooning and Dangerous Driving
Stray Shopping Trolleys
Woolworths, Big W and Dan Murphy's trolleys
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322