Mulberry Hill is a historical house and estate. It is open on Sundays for guided tours and available for weddings, events, and group tour and education bookings. Mulberry Hill was the home of Sir Daryl (artist) and Lady Joan (author) Lindsay.
Designed by Harold Desbrowe Annear, this magnificent American Colonial style-home was built in 1926 as an extension to a pre-existing 1880s weatherboard cottage.
Sir Daryl Lindsay was Director of the National Gallery of Victoria from 1941 to 1956, and was knighted in 1957 for his services to Australian Art. A member of the famous Lindsay family of artists, he was an accomplished painter and print maker. He also assisted in founding the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) in 1956 and was its first president.
His wife, Lady Joan Lindsay was an artist and writer, best known for her novel, Picnic at Hanging Rock. Her autobiographical novel Time without Clocks is about the Lindsay’s life together at Mulberry Hill and includes commentary about the arts and social history of the time.
The house and its contents, a collection of Australian art, Georgian furniture and glassware and Staffordshire ceramics, was bequeathed to the National Trust by Sir Daryl and Lady Joan Lindsay.
385 Golf Links Road
P. 03 9656 9889
Mulberry Hill will be closed from Monday 26 June and will reopen on Sunday 3 September 2017, then every Sunday from 11am to 4pm (Last admission to the house is 3:30pm).
Group tours available by appointment on 03 9656 9889 or email email@example.com.
National Trust Members: Free
Family (2 Adults & 2 Children): $26
Wedding and Functions
Please contact the National Trust Functions team on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9656 9845.