Sand Sculpting Australia - Land of Imagination
510N Nepean Highway
From Boxing Day 2016, childhood dreams and fantasies will come alive in an instant! Explore fanciful lands of dinosaurs and dragons, sea creatures and spaceships, pirates and princesses - all brought to life with over 3,500 tonnes of sand in our wildest, most whimsical and extraordinary sand sculpting exhibition to date, ’Lands of Imagination’.
In a larger than life experience, visitors will walk amongst towering giants, journey through Candy Land into Gingerbread village, turn back time and join our dinosaurs in prehistoric valley, explore the enchanted forest and head down the rabbit hole to Wonderland.
In a total escape from reality, our spectacular life sized sculptures carved by 21 international and Australian sand sculptors will be sure to amaze all ages. You can dial up the fun with integrated childrens activities including sand sculpting workshops, sand art and bottles, our interactive sand sculpture, sandsational play pit, facepainting and more!
Land of Imagination - Opening Times
- 26 December 2016 to 30 January 2017
Monday - Sunday and Public Holidays: 10am to 6pm
- 31 January 2017 to 25 April 2017
Monday - Friday: 10am to 4pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: 10am to 6pm
Entry prices: Cash or EFT available at the gate
- Adults $14
- Concession $11*
- Child (3 - 15yrs, entry only) $9
- Child (3 - 15yrs, super pass) $18
- Child (0-2) free of charge
- Pre booked groups (15 + people) from $7.50+
* Valid concession card must be shown at the time of purchase, or upon entry (if purchased online). We accept seniors, disability, student, pension and carers cards. The health care card is not accepted. Holder of carers card with companion will be admitted free of charge.
+Group booking price is given to groups pre booked. Prices included a welcome talk, guided tour of exhibition is extra charge.
Group Bookings: Contact 03 5986 6684 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The activity inclusions during 26 December 2016 to 30 January 2017.
Included with entry only
View the sculptures, activity sheet, sandsational play pit, face painting, sand sculpting workshops and interactive photo opportunity.
Included with child super pass
All of the above, plus small sand art and small sand bottle craft activities.
Activity inclusions for 31 January to 25 April 2017 will be available at the Sand Sculpting website.
- This is a family orientated and child friendly event
- Smoking and alcohol is strictly prohibited
- Dogs are not permitted within the event area except for guide dogs, hearing guide dogs and guide dogs in training
- Wheelchair access is provided
Sand Sculpting Exhibition set to become permanent
The annual Sand Sculpting Australia exhibition at the Frankston Waterfront is one step closer to becoming a permanent fixture.
The city’s hallmark attraction will receive a $750,000 grant through the Federal Government’s Tourism Demand Driver Infrastructure Program (TDDI).
More information will be posted once available.
Sand Sculpting Australia
P. 03 5986 6684
Download:’Sandsculpting Australia’ from the Apple app store
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.