Pets' Day Out 2017
Date: Sunday 8 October 2017
Times: 10am - 3pm
Cost: FREE Entry
Location: Ballam Park, Cranbourne Road, Frankston VIC 3199
Between Ballam Park Homestead and Karingal Vet Hospital
Enter via Naranga Cresent off Karingal Drive
Treat your pet and the whole family to a fantastic FREE day of entertainment and giveaways. Learn about responsible pet ownership from Council's Animal Management team.
- Get your pet’s weight assessed at the Hill’s marquee.
- Take a photo in the Ash Marton Realty pet photo booth.
- Collect a pet product sample from the Costco marquee, and enter the drawer to win a pet bed.
- Enter the 1.2km PARC Paws Walk around Ballam Park. Enter at the PARC marquee on the day.
- Visit the Nine News’ marquee for the photo booth and kids’ colouring-in activity.
- Attend the Pet Remembrance Ceremony to celebrate the life of cherished pets no longer with us. Hosted by Andrew’s Funerals at 10am, Ballam Park South Soccer Oval.
Thanks to our sponsors for the free activities
Download Pets' Day Out Site Map 2017 (4MB)
Proudly presented by Hill’s Pet Nutrition
- 10am Welcome from Dr Katrina Warren
- 10.05am Welcome to Country from Steve Parker of Boon Wurrung Foundation
- 10.10am Welcome from the Mayor Cr Brian Cunial
- 10.15am Flipping Disc Dogs Stunt Dog Show Team
- 10.45am Western Port Dog Club Dog obedience demonstration
- 11am Bush Babies Native wildlife presentation
- 11.30am Dachshund Races
- 12pm Dr Katrina Warren’s top dog tips
- 12.25pm Hill’s Pet Nutrition Pet nutrition presentation
- 12.30pm Grooming demonstration and tips - Looking Foxy Mobile Doggie Wash
- 1pm Seeing Eye Dogs Australia Working dogs education presentation
- 1.15pm Bush Babies Native wildlife presentation
- 1.40pm Australian Rat Fanciers Society Responsible rat ownership presentation
- 2pm Owner-Pet Lookalike Contest and Best Dresssed Pet Parade with Peter Hitchener
- Pets are welcome but owners are responsible for their animals at all times.
- Dogs must be inoculated and on leads and other pets securely contained.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Event may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- ATM available at the event.
- This is a smoke and alcohol free event.
Frankston City Council acknowledges the traditional owners of the land in and around Frankston City, the Boon Wurrung and Bunurong people.
Pets' Day Out 2017 is an accessible event and features:
- Accessible unisex toilet
- Pram and wheelchair accessible pathways
- Accessible parking, closest to the main entry of the event
- Accessible by Public Transport
Catch Frankston line train to Frankston Station. From Frankston Station connect with the either bus route 789, 790 and 791 to Ballam Park. Alternatively, catch a taxi or Uber from the train station (approx. 4km).
Visit the Public Transport Victoria website to plan your journey.
Follow us for event updates:
Proudly Supported by
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322