Pets' Day Out
Date: Sunday, 9 October 2016
Times: 10am - 3pm
Cost: FREE Entry
Location: Ballam Park, Cranbourne Road, Frankston VIC 3199
Between Ballam Park Homestead and Karingal Vet Hospital
Treat your pet and the whole family to a fantastic FREE day of entertainment and giveaways. Learn about responsible pet ownership from Council's Animal Management team.
Watch a video about Pet's Day Out
Free parking is available at the Cricket Club located at Ballam Park. Enter from Naranga Crescent via Karingal Drive off Cranbourne Road, Frankston.
Get your pet ready to enter the Pet Parade at 1pm. Hosted by Peter Hitchener.
Registration is essential and opens at 11am at the information marquee.
- Best dressed pet parade with Peter Hitchener
- Meet and greet with Peter Hitchener at the Nine News marquee after the parade Telstra Store Karingal pet photo booth
- Pony rides and miniature horse display
- Animal farm
- Watch the Victorian fly ball competition
- Unique pop-up pet stalls
- Luxurious mini pet makeovers Canine massage
- Puppy/dog training, tricks, tips and giveaways with PetStock
- Reptile display
- Children's animal themed face painting
- Animal Aid lure course
MC: Julia Grainger is a dog lover, advocate of responsible dog ownership and agricultural presenter.
- 10am Groome Me with Lisa Marie - Grooming demonstration
- 10.30am Australian Rat Fanciers Society - Presentation on responsible rat ownership
- 11am Reptile Education and Display
- 11.30am Flipping Disc Dogz - Stunt dog show team
- 12pm Pony Pantomime Show
- 12.30pm Western Port Dog Club - Dog obedience demonstration
- 1pm Best Dresssed Pet Parade with Peter Hitchener
- 1.40pm Dachshund Races
- 2pm Miniature Horse Display and Demonstration
- 2.30pm Reptile Education and Display
Pet registration and free microchip checks
Got a new pet or are you a new resident of Frankston City? Register your cat or dog at the event for half price. Speak to Council's Compliance and Safety Team at the information marquee to take advantage of this special offer.
Free microchip checks at The Lost Dogs' Home marquee.
Australia's first pop-up doggy cafe at Pets' Day Out 2016, proudly brought to you by Doghouse Cafe. Dogs on the day will be able to enjoy a dogachino, dog muffin or even some ice cream. A range of on-site food and drink trucks will be available at the event.
- Free parking at the Cricket Club in Ballam Park. Enter from Naranga Crescent via Karingal Drive offCranbourne Road, Frankston.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Pets are welcome but owners are responsible for their animals at all times.
- Dogs must be inoculated and on leads and other pets securely contained.
- ATM available at the event.
- Event may be cancelled due to inclement weather.
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322
Proudly Supported by