About the Festival
Date: Saturday, 26 November 2016
Cost: FREE entry, with costs for rides, food and amusements
Location: Davey Street, Frankston
You are invited to celebrate the start of the festive season at Frankston’s Christmas Festival of Lights 2016. Now celebrating its 19 year The largest free Christmas festival in the state, this year’s event promises a night of magic for the young and young at heart. Bring the family together to create lasting memories. Enjoying entertainment and activities including Santa’s grand arrival and the traditional lighting of the Christmas tree.
- Share your Christmas wish-list with Santa Claus at Santa’s House
- Enjoy the sounds of Christmas at the Entertainment Stage
- Live at the Theatre - Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom
- Meet and Greet Sid from Ice Age and Santa’s Christmas Deer
- Start your Christmas shopping at Rudolph’s Market Place
- Hands-on arts and craft at the North Pole Children’s Activity Centre
- Tree Lighting Ceremony and Fireworks Display at 9.30pm
- Help light up the night and purchase a $3 candle to wave as you sing along to the Carols!
- The Frankston Library have extended their opening hours for the event, now opening until 8pm. Christmas story time will take place at 4.30pm, there will be a craft activity, face painting and live music in the library forecourt.
Santa’s Grand Arrival at 5pm
Proudly presented by Ash Marton Realty
Along Davey Street to the Entertainment Stage (new route)
See Santa Claus come to town! Join the parade as Santa and the Elves officially open the festival at 5pm. Santa will follow a new path, be standing on Davey Street to capture all the action. Visit the Ash Marton Realty stand (Davey Street) at the event to get your picture taken in the Christmas photo booth.
Tree Lighting Ceremony and Fireworks Display at 9.30pm on Davey Street
Proudly presented by EastLink
Gather around the 100+ year old Norfolk Pine tree for the highlight of the night, an inspiring spectacle that has become a Frankston Christmas tradition. See the awe on the children’s faces as the tree and fireworks display light up the night sky. Can you guess how the tree will be lit this year?
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.