Event Attraction Program
While Frankston City has a robust calendar of events, Council is committed to expanding this to include events which specifically:
- Attract intrastate, interstate and international visitors
- Are staged in the off-peak and shoulder seasons and
- Activate areas of the City which are otherwise under-utilised
Through the Tourism Event Attraction Program (the Program), Council would like to create a calendar which gives both visitors and residents year-round reasons to seek out and experience our City’s urban bayside location through events that complement Victoria's and the Mornington Peninsula tourism region.
Through the Program, Council is seeking to attract a signature event, major and minor events, conferences and business events seeking to establish in or relocate to Frankston City.
The Program aims to grow the City’s event calendar while generating a positive economic and social impact, with a particular focus on events which:
- Are scheduled for non-peak season
- Create positive economic benefits through linkages with local business
- Result in increased overnight visitation from regional, interstate and international audiences
- Support Frankston City's contribution to Victoria's and the Mornington Peninsula regional tourism product
- Promote local inclusion and accessibility
In addition the Program's secondary focus is on events which:
- Are staged in lesser known and under-utilised locations and on
- Private land within the municipality and
- Are staged over multiple days, weeks and/or locations
How to Apply
For more detailed information including the Tourism Event Attraction categories and assessment criteria please read the Tourism Event Attraction Guidelines before you apply.
If you think your event concepts meets our needs
Applications close at 10am on Monday 28 May 2018.
Tourism and Visitor Services
Frankston City Council
PO Box 490
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.