Ballam Park Upgrade
Ballam Park Playground
The first stage of the new playground is now open at Ballam Park on Cranbourne Road, Frankston.
This $1.1 million upgrade of Frankston’s regional playground is almost complete on the fort-side, which should be open early 2017.
The western end playground has had the ageing equipment removed and new features installed catering for all ages including teenagers. Thank you to local students for their creative suggestions about what they wanted in the new playground which includes:
- New slides and rope nets
- Parkour equipment
- A rock climbing and rebound wall
- New multi-use ball court
- Larger flying fox
- A scooter track designed for young children to learn to scoot and cycle in a safe environment - with child-friendly mini-mounds
Ballam Park New Pavilion and Netball Court
Council is replacing the Ballam Park east pavilion which currently houses the Karingal Bulls Junior and Senior Football Clubs.
The works include:
- Demolishing the existing pavilion
- Constructing a new shared sporting and community pavilion that will house the Karingal Bull football clubs, Karingal Netball Club, Long Island Cricket Club and other community groups
- Building a new netball court with bench seats and lighting next to the pavilion
- Associated works including pathways
Access to the pavilion and immediate surrounds will be restricted during the works which are due to take 12 months, starting from late February 2017 (subject to weather and site conditions).
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322