One Stop Squad
Frankston's 23 shopping strips have never looked better, largely thanks to the high maintenance standards applied by the One Stop Squad.
About the One Stop Squad
The One Stop Squad was established in August 2008 to maintain Frankston's 23 neighbourhood shopping strips. The team was made up of two staff members from each of Council's Parkland Services team and Civil Infrastructure Maintenance (CIM) team. Their combined skills allowed an 'all in one stop' approach to shopping strip maintenance.
The overwhelming success of this small team over the past three years has led to an expansion of operations into our Central Activities Area (CAA). As of October 2011 the One Stop Squad will grow to a team of 20 staff and apply a similar maintenance model used in shopping strips within the CAA.
The following services are carried out in shopping precincts by the One Stop Squad:
- Horticultural maintenance including garden beds, trees and grassed areas
- Cleansing operations including litter control and street & car park sweeping
- Streetscape Infrastructure maintenance including seat and litter bin rejuvenation, footpath sweeping and cleaning, street sign and fence maintenance
- Road Management including linemarking, footpath repairs and asphalting
- Trader support network including separate newsletters for traders of both shopping strips and the CAA, regular face to face interaction with traders and capacity for 24 hour assistance to traders for any maintenance issues that arise.
To ensure that their service is meeting expectations of the community the following audit strategies are in place:
- Annual survey of traders in both the CAA and shopping strips
- Annual survey of surrounding residents
- Bi monthly presentation audit (SQMS) of all shopping strips
- Quarterly presentation audit (SQMS) of the Central Activities Area
- KPI set to deliver an overall SQMS score of above 95% at shopping strips
- KPI set to improve the overall SQMS score in the CAA by more than 10% in the first year of the One Stop Squad's operations in this precinct (as of Winter 2011 the SQMS score for the CAA is 76%)
The shopping precincts that the One Stop Squad maintain are:
- Frankston's Central Activities Area (as of October 2011)
- Armstrongs Road, Seaford
- Ashleigh Drive/Karingal Drive, Karingal
- Austin Road, Seaford
- Beach Street East (Beach/Ashliegh), Karingal
- Beach St West (Beach/Petrie), Frankston Central
- Beach St/Royle Street, Frankston Central
- Belvedere shops, Seaford
- Boonong Avenue, Kananook
- Culcairn Drive, Frankston South
- Excelsior Drive, Frankston North
- Fairway Street, Frankston Central
- Foot Street, Frankston South
- Forest Drive, Frankston North
- Heatherhill Road, Frankston Heights
- Josephine Street, Langwarrin
- Kareela Road, Karingal
- Long Street, Langwarrin
- Norman Avenue, Frankston South
- Railway Parade, Seaford
- Sanders Road, Frankston South
- Seaford Village, Seaford
- Lakewood shops, Frankston Heights
- The Mall (Yuille Street), Frankston South
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.