The RECHARGE Scheme is a partnership between local businesses, community organisations and Frankston City Council, which enables community members to recharge their electric wheelchair or scooter battery if required.
The RECHARGE scheme is currently operating across Carrum Downs, Langwarrin, Frankston Central Activity District, Frankston North, Frankston South and Seaford. The scheme will be rolled out across the City over the next two years.
Recharge stickers are placed on the front door or window of the participating businesses and agencies, so the community can easily identify organisations affiliated with the scheme.
RECHARGE stickers are also placed above or near power points for people to quickly ascertain which power point has been designated for use.
Businesses and agencies participating in the scheme currently include:
Frankston Including Central Activities Area (CAA)
- Bayside Shopping Centre Beach Street
- Level 1: Near Gloria Jeans
- Ground Floor: Near BB's Cafe
- Brotherhood of St Laurence, 2-4 Overton Road
- Civic Centre, 30 Davey Street
- Cube 37, Davey Street (Next to the Arts Centre)
- Frankston Art Centre, Davey Street
- Frankston Hospital , Peninsula Health, Hastings Road
- Frankston Integrated Health Centre, Peninsula Health, Hastings Road
- Frankston Library, 60 Playne Street
- Frankston Visitor Information Centre
- Heatherhill Road Pharmacy, 48 Heatherhill Road
- Life Works Relationship Counselling, 345 Nepean Highway
- Monash University, McMahons Road, Building A, U & L
- Orwil Street Community House, 16 Orwil Street
- Centro Karingal, 330 Frankston-Cranbourne Road (Locations, opposite Geo's)
- Karingal PLACE, 103 Ashleigh Avenue
- Bendigo Bank, Shop 45, 100 Hall Road
- BSL Banksia Centre, 65 William Road
- Discovery Holiday Park, 1165 Frankston-Dandenong Road
- Lyrebird Community Centre, 203 Lyrebird Drive
- Frankston City Council - Langwarrin, Shop, Gateway Shopping Village
- Mahogany Neighbourhood Centre,
26 Mahogany Avenue
- Frankston South Recreation Centre,
55 Towerhill Road
- Golf Links Road Rehabilitation Centre,
125 Golf Links Raod
- Connect Christian Church, 135 Golf links Road
- Frankston City Council - Seaford Customer Service Centre,
1/6 Broughton Street
- Seaford RSL, Station Road
Frankston City Council
30 Davey Street
P. 1300 322 322
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.