Frankston City residents are provided with a yellow lidded recycling bin for the collection of recyclable items. Recycling bins are collected fortnightly. Please see the Related Links to find your bin collection days.
Note: Items need to be placed loose in your recycling bin - not in plastic bags.
Plastic bags can jam the machinery in the recycling process. Due to Occupational Health and Safety risks, plastic bags will not be opened. So, even if they are filled with recyclables, they will be sent to landfill - what a waste! Although we can't recycle plastic bags, many supermarkets can.
Items Allowed in Recycling Bins
- Aluminium/Steel cans, aerosols and foil
- Stainless steel pots and pans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Milk and juice cartons
- Plastic bottles and containers (lids are fine but take them off, and make sure the containers are empty)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Cardboard boxes (crush and tear to prevent jamming)
- Letters and envelopes
- Catalogues (without the plastic wrapping)
- Work and school paper, telephone books
Items not allowed in Recycling bins
- Plastic bags – even if they have a recycling symbol on them
- Soft ‘scrunchable plastic’ like plastic wrap or bubble wrap
- Household rubbish
- Food waste
- Glass, pyrex or ceramic crockery
- Window glass
- Soil, bricks or building rubble
- Bric a brac
- Chemicals or other liquids
- Light globes
- Hazardous waste
PDF Files Disclaimer
Adobe Acrobat is used to view Portable Document Files (PDF). Download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website (the Adobe website opens in a new window).
All PDF files on this website open in a new window. If you cannot access a PDF document on this page, contact Frankston Council on 1300 322 322 for more details, or for a hard copy of the document.